Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am a Mutant.

I apparently have developed mutant powers.

Do I have super speed? Can I leap tall buildings in a single bound? No, I can do none of that now.

Apparently, what I do have is powers over electricity.

Let me tell you about my origin story.

It is a short tale, one that has not fully finished yet.

I sat down at my computer at work after finishing up classes early that day and ready to enjoy the new Facebook Uno game (actually quite nice if you like Uno, can't play with friends yet, just strangers, but looking good) and I even get the urge to try and clean up some of the apps I have on there. When suddenly it happens!

A shock, a very large electric shock goes through me from my mouse and causes my computer to restart. I kid you not, it took all I could not to yell because there were official looking people talking around my desk checking out the English center. Then well, I want to continue my life and what happens...there is no internet. Apparently that short circutted something because there was no sign of any internet anywhere on my computer, like it's never been connected.

So it's not big, but it has resulted in me not having internet at school until at least next week. Which really sucks. I hate it.

I actually get a lot of shocks at my work computer, every couple of days I get at least 2-3, but still to get a shock that big?

Maybe someday I'll get my own comic book then. :-D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, I know that electrical standards vary from country to country, but even overseas there should not be enough juice going through your mouse or keyboard to arc like that. I hope your IT people can fix that for you.

 
Site Meter