Friday, February 13, 2009

It's All in a Name

Well, I want to thank everyone who responded to my poll and told me to just keep posting, but after some careful thought I've decided to do a giant make-over and pretty much start over.

My reasoning for this is that I created this blog when I was very unhappy with the world. I hated my job, had no life, and was trying to find an outlet that had no real direction. Then my life started to change. I changed jobs, locations, got new friends, and my outlook on life has changed a lot since I moved and I wanted my blog to reflect that, to become a new outlet for me. So let me go through the changes here and explain some of them.

1. Name: It's probably going to be the first thing you ntoice since it also had me change the we address to the site. Handles are probably one of the silliest things in the internet. A name people create for themselves to take thesemselves out into the internet. Some find it silly and just use their real name, which is kinda what I was doing before. However, I've grown up with the internet and many different handles, I figure I should finally embrace it and stick with the one that's lasted me the longest.

Sissillie has been a nickname of mine since middle-school, my best friend at the time just started calling me it and it stuck for so long that when I was going through one of my handle changing times I decided to go with that and everything has become that since, forcing me to create this ridiculous spelling). I recently thought of changing my handle from Sissillie to Sicily because my real name is Sydney and a. I thought it would be symarty with teh two names that are places and b. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get away from Sissillie. After getting the amazing responces on Twitter on my name I decided that I not only wanted to keep it, but embrace what it means to people. Silliness. Therefore becoming the inspiration for this blog.

I'm sorry about the adress change and if it causes problems for anyone, but I thought I should change the address to reflect the new name as well.

2. Color: Who doesn't like a a little color in their life? I wanted to give my representation of my life a little color too.

3. Missing posts: Yes, I admit. I deleted a few posts. Mostly the ones of me being a winy twit about not posting in my blog. I'm feeling kinda done with that and didn't like how the majority of my posts lately seemed to be about that.

Sorry about that...I really doubt you wanted to see those again so I just got rid of it.

4. Links to other places: In case I scare you off, these are some of the best places and people I know of on the web. I think they are all smarter than me so go check them out.

5. Random Useless Fact: Because what's sillier than a random fact about something you never needed to know?

Well that about sums up all the changes here. I hope you like them and stick with me on this. And not everything will be silly, but I will try to find the silliness in everything. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I worried when my live bookmark said you were gone, but thanks to the SS forums I found this lovely place. And thanks for honoring me with a link. :-)

 
Site Meter